<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 29, 2004

“Low Carb – No Prob” 

Low Carb - No Prob

“Low Carb – No Prob” is a new advertisement put out by Western Sizzlin Restaurant. They obviously want to jump on the low carb bandwagon and begin to cash in. The advertisement was a brochure size document that I picked up at the Sand Springs Oklahoma Western Sizzlin Restaurant. I was excited about being able to order my favorite food, steak, without having to get the bake potato and bread. When I approached the order station and held up the advertisement, I was met with a shrugging shoulder. I asked if anyone knew about the “Low Carb – No Prob” menu and was diverted to the manager. The manager informed me that that promotion would not start until next week and he had no information as of yet that he could offer.

The next week, I again was at the Western Sizzlin Restaurant in Sand Springs Oklahoma, excited to find out about the top secret new menu options, that were so secret the manager could not tell me about them the week before.

Again, I was met by the shrugging shoulder and the call to the manager. When I asked about the new Low Carb – “No Prob” menu, I was told that there was not one. When I asked if I could exchange the potato and bread for a small salad I was told flatly “no”.

This experience leaves me with so many questions:

· Does the secret “Low Carb – No Prob” menu really exist?

· Is the manager at the Sand Springs Oklahoma Western Sizzlin Restaurant a secret member of the “kill the cows and save the lettuce” society?

· When does next week get here?

· And lastly, how does a steak joint screw up the high protein low carb craze?

According to their website they offer options, all I received was shrugs.

posted by Anonymous
PermaLink @ 2:13 PM
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?